BASE CAMP 2018 REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Base Camp 2018 will be Friday, November 9th through Sunday, November 11th
The Book of Proverbs tells us “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life (4:23).” But what does that mean? What exactly are we guarding? Most men don’t understand the depths and mysteries of their own heart; therefore they leave it totally unguarded. They are soon cut off from the wellspring, leaving only the question - isn’t there something more to life?
Each of us has a heart that contains all the desires and longings we have as men. If we could but understand that heart and the implications it has for our relationships with God and our loved ones, it could change everything.
Expedition of the Heart: BASE CAMP is a quest into the recovery of your masculine heart as outlined in John Eldredge’s book Wild at Heart. We believe that in order for a man to get his heart back, he’s got to take a journey: one that involves risk, danger, and a point of no return. This is not something that can be done amidst all the distractions of daily life - to truly explore these depths we must follow the example of Jesus and get away to spend time alone with the Father.
BASE CAMP is designed to prepare men to begin that journey. Through teaching sessions, film clips and guided periods of reflection and journaling, we will walk alongside you as we explore what God intended when he created our hearts. Our hope is that over this weekend you will get a glimpse of the Life that Christ promised and will leave with a hunger for more.
The adventure begins on Friday November 9th, 2018.
BASE CAMP is held at the Barbara Harris Conference Center in Greenfield, New Hampshire. All accommodations, meals and sessions are held at this beautiful facility.
Goals & Outcomes
- Disconnect from all the distractions of daily life
- Learn more about the masculine heart and how it is created in God’s image
- Spend quality time alone with God, learning more about your own heart
- Develop an awareness of God’s larger stores and the role you have to play in it
Details & Pricing
- For 2018, there are two lodging options. The “Regular Bunk” option is $190 and will be shared by 8 men with no linens provided. The “Upgraded Bunk” is only 4 men to a cabin and includes linens.
- Prices include all food, snacks and materials. There may be some optional activities (e.g. ropes course) that would require additional money.
Simply choose the “Registration” menu option above.
- Payment is by check or PayPal
- No registration is complete until you receive confirmation from Expedition of the Heart staff
In the event space is full, you will receive a full refund. Once your registration is confirmed, you can cancel up to 30 days prior to the event and receive a refund of your registration fee minus a $75 cancellation charge.
Base Camp 2017 Update
It has been one week since we left Base Camp 2017. What a great experience! This year’s event was different than in years’ past: a smaller group (17), everyone was a repeat attender, and most men had been 4 or more times.
As a result, the content was more advanced and we were able to share in a more informal setting. Fewer movie clips, more discussion, deeper topics.
Can’t wait to see what God brings us next year!